After employment with Max Abrams Co. and Wm. Bloom & Sons, between 1950 and 1959, Frank Shatz sought to start his own business and in 1959 established Frank Shatz & Co, Inc.
From the basement of his home, Frank Shatz, with the assistance of one employee, began fabricating retail store fixtures. The first sizeable project was the fabrication of retail store fixtures to merchandise record albums and 45’s, for a chain of music stores.
Over 50 years later, operating from a 26,000 square foot building built by the Shatz’s , and with the assistance of sixteen full time and 2 part time employees Frank Shatz himself is still working “in the trenches” with his team.
In 1986, Frank’s oldest of two sons, Randy, graduated from the Warwick vocational school’s carpentry and cabinet-making program. As a young boy, Randy could always be found at his dad’s hip learning the trade.
After graduation and a couple of years working independently as a contractor, Randy went to work for Accent Store Fixtures, a millwork company where he earned a Journeyman status. Upon its closing in 1990, Randy joined Frank Shatz & Co. With an affinity more towards the “hands on” part of the business, in 1992, Frank turned the day to day administrative operation to Randy.